- RSS Channel Showcase 4289004
- RSS Channel Showcase 8772455
- RSS Channel Showcase 9345470
- RSS Channel Showcase 4512961
Articles on this Page
- 01/02/16--01:52: _Coming and going – ...
- 03/12/16--11:52: _Three years of Pope...
- 06/20/16--11:27: _Deacons to Priests,...
- 11/20/16--13:04: _After the consistor...
- 12/14/16--11:05: _A new protopriest a...
- 05/21/17--06:27: _Surprise consistory...
- 12/14/17--00:30: _Looking ahead at a ...
- 01/02/16--01:52: Coming and going – Looking ahead at 2016
- 03/12/16--11:52: Three years of Pope Francis – years of continuity of rupture?
- 06/20/16--11:27: Deacons to Priests, four cardinals move up the ranks
- 11/20/16--13:04: After the consistory, the facts of the College of Cardinals
- 12/14/16--11:05: A new protopriest as Paul VI has one cardinal left
- 12/14/17--00:30: Looking ahead at a new year
A new year, so time for a look at what 2016 may bring in the field of new bishop appointments. As ever, reality may turn out different, but we may make some assumptions. In the Netherlands, to begin with, a new bishop will arrive in the Diocese of ‘s-Hertogenbosch. Bishop Antoon Hurkmans (right) has already has … Continue reading Coming and going – Looking ahead at 2016
incaelo???????????????????????????????????lehmann14_03_Grothe3079_4_WeihbischofJaschke2013_Foto_Erbevan looyfrans daneelsvacant dioceses germany
^Three years ago tomorrow, the world’s first look at Pope Francis Tomorrow marks the third anniversary of the election of Pope Francis. Time flies. And of course, countless commentators are picking their high and low points from these past years. And it amazes me how much opposition the Holy Father still faces, especially in online … Continue reading Three years of Pope Francis – years of continuity of rupture?
(Note: This post has been edited after publication to correct some information about the office of Cardinal Protodeacon). Just like he did almost exactly two years ago, Pope Francis promoted four Cardinal Deacons to the rank of Cardinal Priests. This is a right that cardinal have ten years after their creation, and while it does … Continue reading Deacons to Priests, four cardinals move up the ranks
Following yesterday’s consistory the College of Cardinals consists of 228 members, 121 of whom are able to participate in a conclave to elect a new Pope. Most of these electors also have duties within the Roman Curia. Of the 17 new cardinals created yesterday, 13 are electors. In his three consistories, Pope Francis has now … Continue reading After the consistory, the facts of the College of Cardinals
The death of Cardinal Paulo Evaristo Arns at the age of 95 today leads to an interesting change in the College of Cardinals, albeit a ceremonial one with virtually no effect of the day-to-day affairs of that body. Cardinal Arns was created a cardinal by Blessed Pope Paul VI in 1973. His death leaves only one surviving … Continue reading A new protopriest as Paul VI has one cardinal left
Out of the blue, Pope Francis today announced that he will be creating five new cardinals on 28 June. What is not surprising is that the new red hats will, for the most part, go to the peripheries of the world. The only new cardinal who was a likely is the archbishop of Barcelona, Spain. … Continue reading "Surprise consistory – Pope Francis calls in five new cardinals from the periphery"
incaelozerbo_340759573Mons._Omella_(30279523624)anders+arborelius+ruotsi+katolinen+kirkko2008-10-25 Synod 14Monsrosachavez
Midway through the last month of the year, it is a good time to look ahead to the new year. 2018 will undoubtedly feature its share of Catholic news, developments and, not least, opinions in social media. Every year since the launch of this blog has had had more than a few surprises, so a … Continue reading "Looking ahead at a new year"
incaeloAlgermissen2Visita_de_Cardenal_Angelo_Amato_-_17792469768_(cropped)World-Meeting-of-Families-2018synod of bishops